Registration is Open
AAN’s 2022 Conference
August 27, 2022
Grand Bohemian Hotel Mountain Brook
2655 Lane Park Rd, Mountain Brook, AL 35223
Make hotel reservations by calling (844) 284-3680 and asking for the AAN Annual Meeting 2022 room block. The discounted room block rate is $309 per night. Book online. Room block expires Aug. 5.
Call for Abstracts
Residents, fellows and students are invited to participate in AAN’s 2022 Poster Competition. Abstracts should be submitted by Aug. 8, 2022 using the online submission form. For complete details, download the Poster Competition Guidelines.
Conference Approved for CME
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Medical Association of the State of Alabama through the joint providership of the Medical Foundation of Alabama and the Alabama Academy of Neurology. The Medical Foundation of Alabama is accredited by the medical Association of the State of Alabama to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical Foundation of Alabama designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe current issues that are moving in Congress and the White House that affect neurologists.
- Define concussion and the mechanisms of a concussive injury.
- Recognize and describe phenomenology in common and uncommon movement disorders.
- Discuss examples and auditing concerns for non-physician provider (NPP) billing.
- Evaluate treatment options for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Explain the evaluation required for a patient to be considered for epilepsy surgery.
- Discuss treatment options for myopathy and myositis.
- Recognize the close interaction between the heart and the brain in certain conditions and injuries.
CME TRANSCRIPTS AVAILABLE ONLINE!
Transcripts will be available for download from the Medical Association of the State of Alabama website eight weeks after the date of the educational event. Go to www.alamedical.org/CMEtranscript and follow the instructions to print or download your CME transcript. For assistance, please call Lee Payne at (334) 954-2500.